We will work with you to evaluate the level of care that is necessary to improve your loved one's quality of life. We offer a variety of services from respite care to around-the-clock care to give our clients the specific care they need. We provide private duty care (both short and long term). We provide Medicaid services through the CCSP and SOURCE programs. We work with many local hospice companies to supplement care to their clients. We work with Worker's Compensation, Long Term Care Insurance and VA benefit as third party payors.
Types of individualized care available include the following:
- Personal Care (Bathing/Dressing, Grooming, Ambulating, Transferring to Bed, Chair or Wheelchair, Feeding, Toileting, Continence Care and supervision of clients due to a cognitive impairment, i.e. dementia, Alzheimer's, CVA)
- Companion Services
- 24 Hour Care Available
- Hourly Care
- Short Terrm and Long Term Care
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping Tasks and Laundry
- Assessment/Evaluation by RN
- Supervisory Visits by a Nurse
- Transportation in Client's Vehicle to
Appointments (Medical, Dental, Errands,
Shopping, Hair Salon)
- New service: Skilled Nursing, Medication Set-up, Administration and Management
We also provide sitters for hospital, nursing home and personal care home clients. A nurse is on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for clients, family members and staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS PRIVATE HOME CARE?
- Private Home Care is provided by Certified Nursing Assistants, Personal Care Aides, Sitters or Companion/Homemakers in your home to assist you or your loved one with the activities of daily living.
- The Personal Care Aide (PCA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for those personal and supportive services which are required to provide and maintain a normal home environment for the client. Promoting emotional support, encouraging socialization with family and friends, and promoting compliance with the client's medical regime is an additional responsibility for the caregiver in their daily client care.
- The Personal Care Aide is to assist the patient toward the highest possible level of independent living and being assured of a safe, clean and hazard free environment.
- Our Home Care Services are provided under the supervision of a Registered Nurse who is on call 24 hours/daily. Personal Care Aides are instructed to notify the Heart and Hands office immediately of any changes in the patient's condition.
- Daily records of all services rendered are maintained for each patient.
- The following personal care activities will be performed by the Personal Care Aide:
- Assist patients with baths, mouth care, skin care, nail care (filing and cleaning only) and hair care (shampooing, brushing, combing, and braiding).
- Straighten bed or change bed linens.
- Back rub.
- Take and record vital signs when required, to include temperature, pulse and respirations.
- Assisting patients with transfers, in and out of bed, in and out of chair, in and out of wheelchair etc.
- Assisting patients with toileting.
- Assisting patients with eating, to include preparation (heat & serve).
- Assisting patients to dress.
- Assisting patients with walking.
- Necessary personal laundry for the patient.
- Routine light housekeeping for the patient's immediate area.
- Remind the patient of taking medications.
- Bedbound patients will be repositioned and turned every two hours.
- Incontinent patients will have their adult diaper checked every two hours and as needed.
- Additional services that may be performed by the aide when instructed by the Registered Nurse include the following:
- Change colostomy bag.
- Reinforce dressing.
- Assisting patient with active/passive exercises under the instructions of the Registered Nurse.
WHO USES PRIVATE HOME CARE?
- Private duty care is offered to fit your needs. These services can be provided for the short term or long term. The range established is to meet our client's needs. This can be one day per week or 24 hours per day for 7 days a week…or anything in between.
- We provide care for clients through Long Term Care Insurance policies.
- We provide care for clients through Worker's Compensation for on the job injuries when approved.
- We provide care for veterans who are approved for this VA benefit.
- We are Medicaid providers for the CCSP and SOURCE programs.
- New service: Skilled nursing, medication set-up, administration and management.
- Our services are for short term or long term care. Shifts and hours of care are flexible but must be set up in advance.
- Other services are available through our office, i.e. sitters in the hospital, nursing home or personal care home or transportation to appointments in the client's own vehicle.
WHAT PAYMENT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
- Heart and Hands understands the difficulty of
making payment arrangements and
working with insurance companies. We will file all paperwork for you at no additional charge.
- We work with our clients to provide information and support when it comes to compensation arrangements.
- We also assist in the application process of using Veteran's Administrative benefits to pay for private home care.
- Our payment options include:
- Private Pay
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- CCSP & SOURCE (Medicaid)
- Veteran's Benefits
- Workers Compensation
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HEART & HANDS PRIVATE HOME CARE?
- We have a Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to answer your questions. Call one of our toll free numbers to arrange for a Registered Nurse to visit your home and complete a free nursing assessment to answer your questions concerning private home care.
- With a number of services and experienced in-home
care providers, we can tailor a program
specifically for the needs of each client. You
tell us the days and hours of care you need and we will work with you to meet those needs.
- Rates are quoted on an individual basis.